Encyclopaedia Of Cleaning Technology & Terminology
Eric Brown, author of An Encyclopaedia Of Cleaning Technology & Terminology and five other books on carpet cleaning and maintenance and Cleaning Specifications – their preparation and implementation, has produced this very valuable Encyclopaedia defining and describing over five hundred technical terms in common use in the cleaning industry. All are listed in easy-to-find alphabetical order, cross referenced where applicable. Many technical terms are illustrated, particularly in the section dealing with ‘Detergents’.
Technical terms relating to both hard and soft floors, detergents, polishes and seals, disinfectants, both electrical and non-electrical equipment, organisations and many other subjects are detailed.
A section that will be of great interest, particularly to cleaning contractors and to those intending to start a business in the cleaning field, is that headed ‘Standard Times’. ‘Standard Times’ expressed as hours per 100 square metres of floor are given for a wide variety of cleaning tasks. Also given are times to clean stairs, lifts and escalators amongst many others.
Buy now – £27
The Encyclopaedia Of Cleaning Technology & Terminology is intended for:
- Trainers and students taking COPC Courses.
- Lecturers and students taking Cleaning Science Courses.
- Lecturers dealing with the cleaning content of Catering Courses.
- Hospital Domestic Managers, Hotel Services Managers and Supervisors.
- Local Authority Cleaning Managers and Supervisors.
- School Caretakers.
- Property Managers and in-house Cleaning Operatives.
- College and Public School Domestic Bursars.
- Contract Cleaners, particularly Proprietors, Training Managers and Supervisors.
- Industrial Caterers with a cleaning or housekeeping role.
- Technical staff of Manufacturing Organisations.
Appendices include Spot Removal Procedures and a comprehensive Bibliography, detailing over seventy British, European and International Standards.
An Encyclopaedia Of Cleaning Technology & Terminology First edition July 2001 160 pages 250 by 170mm Illustrated Soft cover ISBN 0 9528610 2
£24.00 + Postage