CONTRACT CLEANING – STARTING AND RUNNING YOUR OWN BUSINESS
Contract Cleaning – Chapters
- Preliminary Work- Choosing a name, Type of business, VAT, Finance, Transport, Communications, Notification, Literature.
- Potential Customers- Organisations to approach.
- Services to offer- Daily office cleaning, Window cleaning, Builders and initial cleans, Ceiling washing, Carpet cleaning, Floor sealing /polishing.
- Approaching Potential Customers- Direct letter, Circular, Telephone sales, Cold canvassing, Advertising.
- Recruitment & Management of staff- Recruitment, Management, Legal aspects, Contract of employment.
- Conducting a Survey- Information required, Survey form.
- Equipment & Cleaning materials- Rotary machines, Ultra high speed machines, mops and buckets, Prices.
- Costing- Labour costs, Calculating time, Calculating number of cleaning staff, Other factors, Equipment costs, Material costs, Overheads, Profit.
- Quotations & Contracts- Quotation layout, Contracts.
- Cleaning Materials: Application of cleaning materials, seals and polishes.
- Stripping, Cleaning and Sealing Vinyl and Other Plastic Floors – Preparation, Method, Maintenance.
- Washroom Cleaning- Materials and Method.
- Carpet Cleaning- Hot water extraction machines, Rotary scrubbing machines, Bonnet buffing, Absorbent granules, Carpet shampooing, Cleaning procedure, Stains, Wool carpets, Synthetic carpets, Pricing.
- Window Cleaning- Pricing, Equipment, Chemicals and Method.
- Operational Procedures – Cleaning schedule, Supervision, On-site storage, Requisition of cleaning materials, handling complaints.
- Obtaining Additional Income- Telephone cleaning, Supply of consumables.
Appendix1- Useful Addresses
First published 1994, 2nd edition 2004, 91 pages, ISBN 0 947567 15 1 A5 size 8.
Author: D Walkiden, MBICSc. Price £13.50