Cleaning and Support Services and Facilities Services Apprenticeships
Cleaning and maintaining today’s buildings and the environment therein is more important than ever before. The challenges driven by the latest technology, building design and working environments has created opportunities for those joining the sector to forge a career and aspire to take on responsibility, manage teams and contracts in the workplace or create their own business.
The apprenticeship in Cleaning Support Services and Facilities Services supported by Apprenticeship funding is a gateway to achieving these goals and gives both the knowledge and practical skills required by the industry today.
The apprenticeship structure is unique to the cleaning industry, employee and the employer ensuring all gain the maximum value from the investment.
What level is the Cleaning Support Services and Facilities Services Apprenticeship?
Dependent on your job role the Apprenticeship is delivered at the appropriate level: –
- Level 2 – Intermediate level
- Level 3 – Advanced level
Within these levels there are five components: –
- Competency Certificate at level 2 or 3 – Operational capability and related skills
- Technical Certificate – accredited knowledge and understanding
- English and Maths at level 1 or 2
- Employment rights and responsibilities (ERR)
- Personal learning and thinking skills (PLTS) – there are six mandatory elements of PLTS:
- Independent Enquiry
- Creative Thinking
- Reflective Learning
- Team Working
- Effective Participation